It’s been forever since I finished reading this. Technically it took me half a day of reading without bathroom breaks. 🙂
picky book reviews // the wrath & the dawn
- #WENEEDDIVERSEFICTION FTW
- the food! OMG the food. Thanks for the descriptions, Shazi ❤
- Khalid ❤
- Jalal and Vickram and Despina.
- The rich descriptive writing. I was getting sand in my rida’ and overdosing on the perfume of lilacs as I read it and it’s difficult to find authors capable of such immersive writing.
- Most goose-bump inducing first kiss ever!! And it means a lot coming from an Asian drama addict, trust me.
- Despite it being a romance, there’s swords and fighting and death and fighting and fighting!! YAAS
- Oh, did I mention Khalid?
- IT’S A DUOLOGY!
- Shazi fell for Khalid way too fast. From the reader’s POV we could see Khalid for the tormented ice cream cake he was, but as far as Shazi was concerned, she was falling for her best friend’s murderer. Ahem?!
- IT’S ONLY A DUOLOGY!!
I hate that I have to wait until they release a matching cover version for Rose & Dagger.
NOTE: This was one of my best reads for the year 2016.
One Life to One Dawn.
In a land ruled by a murderous boy-king, each dawn brings heartache to a new family. Khalid, the eighteen-year-old Caliph of Khorasan, is a monster. Each night he takes a new bride only to have a silk cord wrapped around her throat come morning. When sixteen-year-old Shahrzad’s dearest friend falls victim to Khalid, Shahrzad vows vengeance and volunteers to be his next bride. Shahrzad is determined not only to stay alive, but to end the caliph’s reign of terror once and for all.
Night after night, Shahrzad beguiles Khalid, weaving stories that enchant, ensuring her survival, though she knows each dawn could be her last. But something she never expected begins to happen: Khalid is nothing like what she’d imagined him to be. This monster is a boy with a tormented heart. Incredibly, Shahrzad finds herself falling in love. How is this possible? It’s an unforgivable betrayal. Still, Shahrzad has come to understand all is not as it seems in this palace of marble and stone. She resolves to uncover whatever secrets lurk and, despite her love, be ready to take Khalid’s life as retribution for the many lives he’s stolen. Can their love survive this world of stories and secrets?
– From Goodreads
Buy this and all other books mentioned in my reviews at the one-stop, free delivery worldwide shop: